It is with a very heavily conflicted, humbled heart that I need to inform our parents that after much painstaking deliberation, the Stillbrave Board of Directors voted unanimously for me to withdraw from this year’s scheduled Moab 240-mile endurance race fundraiser, citing COVID-19 risks and concerns as the main reason for my withdrawal. Two of my indispensable crew members live in states that require a 14-day self-quarantine after traveling to Utah. Neither of them can afford to take that kind of time off to join me. One of my pacers, Katie, is a pediatric oncology nurse and Lynda, my crew chief, is a teacher. I cannot in good conscience put their health and the health of those whom they serve at risk, I JUST CAN’T.
That being said, the plan is to run the race in 2021! And we want to make this the BIGGEST FUNDRAISER Stillbrave has EVER seen!
Sadly, with this decision comes great concern for the future sustainability of Stillbrave and the many services and programs we offer to the childhood cancer community. Now more than ever, I ask you to DIG DEEP to ramp up your fundraising efforts! You now have an extra year to get your fundraisers up and running to not just fully fund your sponsored mile, but BLOW IT UP with donations!
We are also still seeking sponsors and donors - If you happen to know of anyone who may be interested in sponsoring a mile in the race, please let me know. I’d be happy to reach out and speak with them about what that entails.
Now more than ever, we need your help to sustain Stillbrave!
Thank you for your support!
“Tattoo” Tom Mitchell
For details about mile sponsorship, please click here!
See the Children. Read their stories.